5. The 3 Major Principles Bacterial Food Poisoning Prevention
6. Code of Practice - Protective Clothing
Food Safety Management System (FSMS) is a system for monitoring food safety hazards aimed to increase customer confidence. FSMS includes 5S, SSOP, GMP, HACCP and ISO22000.
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) is a systematic preventive approach to food safety from biological, chemical and physical hazards in production processes that can cause the finished product to be unsafe. It also designs measures to reduce these risks to a safe level and maintain food quality at a high standard throughout the whole production line.
3. ISO 22000:
ISO 22000 was set up in 2005; it is an international food safety management system combining: interactive communication, system management, prerequisite programs and HACCP principles. It maps out the standards needed to be reached by an organization in order to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards and ensure that the food is safe.
4. The 10 Major Causes of Food Poisoning:
1. Using an unsafe food source.
2. Food only partially defrosted proir to cooking.
3. Food not cooked thoroughly.
4. Food not cooked thoroughly during reheating process.
5. Time between preparation phase and cooking phase too long.
6. Cooked food was contaminated.
7. Cooked food stored beyond temperature safe zone.
8. Food handlers infected with intestinal infectious diseases or are carriers of intestinal infectious diseases.
9. Eating uncooked food.
10. Reusing leftovers.
5. The 3 Major Principles of Bacterial Food Poisoning Prevention:
- Avoid contamination
- Prevent bacterial growth
- Destroy bacteria within food
6. Code of practice - Protective clothing:
- Tidy and clean
- Hairnet: hair tied-up and all the hairall covered
- Wearing a mask or less talking while working
- Wearing anti-slip flat shoes, e.g. industrial safety shoes
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) is regulated by The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). CIEH is a registered charity and the professional voice for environmental health, and provides over 60 certification qualification programmes, especially in food safety.